Skip to main content

Rumors Claim Nelly Korda and Andreas Athanasiou Have Broken Up, but No Split Has Been Confirmed

Rumors Claim Nelly Korda and Andreas Athanasiou Have Broken Up, but No Split Has Been Confirmed

Image:Ai generated 

Rumors about a possible breakup between LPGA star Nelly Korda and professional hockey player Andreas Athanasiou have begun drawing attention, but there is currently no confirmed report from either athlete announcing that their relationship has ended.


Korda and Athanasiou have been publicly linked since 2019. Their relationship has largely remained private, with neither athlete regularly sharing details about their personal lives on social media.


The most recent widely documented relationship information comes from PEOPLE’s July 27, 2024 report, which described Korda and Athanasiou as a couple who had been together for several years.


According to PEOPLE, the pair were first publicly linked in 2019 after reportedly appearing together in a Thanksgiving Day Instagram post that was later deleted.


Their relationship has occasionally been visible at Korda’s golf tournaments. Athanasiou attended the 2021 Meijer LPGA Classic, where Korda won the tournament. The couple were photographed together afterward celebrating her victory.


At the time, Athanasiou spoke positively about being there to support Korda.


“It’s fun to be a part of. She played so well,” Athanasiou said following her victory, according to PEOPLE.


He added: “I’m happy to be a part of it, I’m happy to be here and see the win.”


The couple have also been seen supporting each other away from competition. In 2022, Korda wore a Chicago Blackhawks jersey while competing at the Canadian Women’s Open as broadcasters discussed Athanasiou, who had joined the Blackhawks.


Athanasiou also spoke about watching Korda compete during an interview with TSN. Rather than describing himself as completely comfortable watching his girlfriend compete, he admitted that it could make him nervous.


“It’s pretty fun, it’s nerve-wracking,” he said, according to the report.


“I don’t really like watching, I get pretty nervous behind the shot,” Athanasiou added.


The two have also played golf together. Athanasiou joked about the difficulty of trying to compete with Korda over a full 18 holes, saying he could potentially stay close for nine holes but would struggle to maintain that level over the entire round.


Despite those documented moments, Korda and Athanasiou have generally avoided turning their relationship into a major public storyline. PEOPLE noted that they had not attended red-carpet events together and rarely posted about their romance.


That privacy is important when considering the latest breakup rumors.


At present, claims that Korda and Athanasiou have officially broken up should be treated as unconfirmed rumors, rather than established fact. Neither Korda nor Athanasiou is quoted in the supplied report announcing a separation.


The lack of recent public appearances or relationship posts should also not automatically be interpreted as evidence of a breakup. The couple have historically maintained a low profile, meaning social media silence alone cannot establish that a relationship has ended.


For now, the confirmed record is that Korda and Athanasiou were publicly linked for years and had supported each other at sporting events. Any claim that they have now separated requires confirmation from the athletes themselves or a reliable report citing credible sources.


This article does not present the breakup as confirmed. The claim remains a rumor unless and until Korda, Athanasiou, or a reliable source provides confirmation.



Source: PEOPLE — Jacqueline Weiss, “Nelly Korda and Andreas Athanasiou’s Relationship: All About the LPGA Star and Hockey Pro’s Romance” (July 27, 2024). [PEOPLE]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rory McIlroy and 2 Other Players Withdraw from 2026 Travelers Championship | PGA Tour

Rory McIlroy and 2 Other Players Withdraw from 2026 Travelers Championship | PGA Tour By Alex Christian | MBCF News — June 29, 2026       The 2026 Travelers Championship is set to showcase one of the strongest fields on the PGA Tour this season, with 49 of the world's top 50 golfers confirmed to compete at TPC River Highlands in Connecticut. As the final Signature Event before the FedExCup Playoffs draw closer, fans can expect another highly competitive week featuring many of the game's biggest stars. However, despite the impressive lineup, three familiar names will not be making the trip. Rory McIlroy, Billy Horschel and Max Homa are all absent from this year's Travelers Championship, although each player's situation is very different. McIlroy has chosen to skip the tournament as part of his schedule management, while Horschel and Homa failed to qualify after difficult seasons that have affected their rankings and standing on the PGA Tour. McIlroy's decision ha...

Charlie Woods Eliminated in U.S. Junior Amateur Playoff, Misses Match Play

Charlie Woods Eliminated in U.S. Junior Amateur Playoff, Misses Match Play By Alex Christian|MBCF News _July 23, 2026 BETHLEHEM, Pa. — Charlie Woods' run at the 2026 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship ended Wednesday after the 17-year-old was eliminated in a playoff at Saucon Valley Country Club, falling just short of the tournament's 64-player match-play field. Woods made a bogey on the first playoff hole after finishing stroke-play qualifying tied for one of the final spots. He entered a 14-player playoff for the last two match-play berths, but Eli Wessel of Indianapolis and Hudson Kutchma of Westfield, Indiana claimed the qualifying positions. The son of Tiger Woods had earned his place in the championship by winning a qualifying playoff in Heathrow, Florida, and attracted large crowds throughout the week as fans followed his attempt to compete for the Tiger Woods Trophy. Two Pennsylvania golfers advanced to match play, with Chase Yenser qualifying as the No. 30 seed a...

FIA Admits Error in Piastri-Leclerc Incident and Announces Penalty Rule Change

  FIA Admits Error in Piastri-Leclerc Incident and Announces Penalty Rule Change By Alex Christian| MBCF News_July 25, 2026 The FIA has agreed to change how penalties are applied after admitting McLaren driver Oscar Piastri was unfairly treated during his clash with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc at the Belgian Grand Prix. On his way to a fifth-place finish, Piastri was attacking Leclerc for a podium position at Les Combes when the pair made contact. Piastri sustained floor damage to his car. Leclerc was investigated but received no penalty. Following a meeting between drivers and FIA stewards, it was agreed that similar incidents in the future will be penalized. The new consensus is that squeezing a rival on corner entry will result in a five-second penalty. The FIA also agreed to show more leniency for incidents that occur immediately after safety car restarts. Quotes: Oscar Piastri, over team radio:   “He didn’t leave enough space. That could have been a massive crash,” ...