Skip to main content

Tiger Woods Returns to Social Media With Memorial Day Tribute to Late Father Earl Woods

Tiger Woods Returns to Social Media With Memorial Day Tribute to Late Father Earl Woods

Image:Ai generated 


Golf legend Tiger Woods returned to social media on Monday, May 25, 2026, posting a Memorial Day tribute to his late father, Earl Woods.


The post marked Woods’ first activity on social media since March 31, when he announced that he was stepping away from the public spotlight to seek treatment and focus on his health.


In his Memorial Day message on X, Woods reflected on his father’s military career and thanked members of the U.S. armed forces for their service.


“My father was a Special Forces operator with two tours in Vietnam and 20 years of service,” Woods wrote. “To all those like my father, we all say thank you for your sacrifices. Without them we wouldn’t have the greatest country on Earth.”


Earl Woods died on May 3, 2006, at the age of 74. He served for 20 years in the U.S. Army and retired as a lieutenant colonel. According to the report, he completed two combat tours in Vietnam, serving as an infantry officer and later as a Green Beret.


His military background also influenced Tiger Woods during his career. The golfer later visited the Navy SEALs and participated in a program designed to replicate aspects of SEAL training.


Woods had previously announced he was seeking treatment


Woods’ social-media return came after he announced on March 31 that he was taking time away from public activities.


“I am stepping away for a period of time to seek treatment and focus on my health,” Woods said at the time. “This is necessary in order for me to prioritize my well-being and work toward lasting recovery.”


The announcement followed a car accident near Woods’ home in Jupiter Island, Florida.


According to the report, police said Woods attempted to pass a slower vehicle before his Land Rover struck the rear of another vehicle and rolled over. Investigators reported that Woods showed signs of impairment and that he refused a blood test.


Woods pleaded not guilty to two misdemeanor charges: DUI with property damage and refusal to submit to a lawful test.


Court approved treatment outside the United States


On April 1, Martin County Judge Darren Steele approved a request from Woods’ attorney, Douglas Duncan, allowing the golfer to begin what was described in court records as “comprehensive inpatient treatment” outside the United States.


The report said Woods’ legal team argued that he needed treatment while maintaining his privacy.


Woods subsequently traveled to Switzerland in early April. His plane returned to Florida on May 14, although a later report cited by The Big Lead said the aircraft had subsequently returned to Switzerland.


A personal message amid a period away from golf


Woods’ Memorial Day post focused on his father’s military legacy rather than his golf career or future competitive plans.


The tribute also highlighted the lasting influence Earl Woods had on his son. Beyond introducing Tiger to golf at a young age, Earl’s military background became an important part of Tiger Woods’ life and interests away from professional competition.


Editorial note: This report is based on an article published by The Big Lead on May 25, 2026. It is an archived report and should not be presented as breaking or newly occurring news.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rory McIlroy and 2 Other Players Withdraw from 2026 Travelers Championship | PGA Tour

Rory McIlroy and 2 Other Players Withdraw from 2026 Travelers Championship | PGA Tour By Alex Christian | MBCF News — June 29, 2026       The 2026 Travelers Championship is set to showcase one of the strongest fields on the PGA Tour this season, with 49 of the world's top 50 golfers confirmed to compete at TPC River Highlands in Connecticut. As the final Signature Event before the FedExCup Playoffs draw closer, fans can expect another highly competitive week featuring many of the game's biggest stars. However, despite the impressive lineup, three familiar names will not be making the trip. Rory McIlroy, Billy Horschel and Max Homa are all absent from this year's Travelers Championship, although each player's situation is very different. McIlroy has chosen to skip the tournament as part of his schedule management, while Horschel and Homa failed to qualify after difficult seasons that have affected their rankings and standing on the PGA Tour. McIlroy's decision ha...

Charlie Woods Eliminated in U.S. Junior Amateur Playoff, Misses Match Play

Charlie Woods Eliminated in U.S. Junior Amateur Playoff, Misses Match Play By Alex Christian|MBCF News _July 23, 2026 BETHLEHEM, Pa. — Charlie Woods' run at the 2026 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship ended Wednesday after the 17-year-old was eliminated in a playoff at Saucon Valley Country Club, falling just short of the tournament's 64-player match-play field. Woods made a bogey on the first playoff hole after finishing stroke-play qualifying tied for one of the final spots. He entered a 14-player playoff for the last two match-play berths, but Eli Wessel of Indianapolis and Hudson Kutchma of Westfield, Indiana claimed the qualifying positions. The son of Tiger Woods had earned his place in the championship by winning a qualifying playoff in Heathrow, Florida, and attracted large crowds throughout the week as fans followed his attempt to compete for the Tiger Woods Trophy. Two Pennsylvania golfers advanced to match play, with Chase Yenser qualifying as the No. 30 seed a...

FIA Admits Error in Piastri-Leclerc Incident and Announces Penalty Rule Change

  FIA Admits Error in Piastri-Leclerc Incident and Announces Penalty Rule Change By Alex Christian| MBCF News_July 25, 2026 The FIA has agreed to change how penalties are applied after admitting McLaren driver Oscar Piastri was unfairly treated during his clash with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc at the Belgian Grand Prix. On his way to a fifth-place finish, Piastri was attacking Leclerc for a podium position at Les Combes when the pair made contact. Piastri sustained floor damage to his car. Leclerc was investigated but received no penalty. Following a meeting between drivers and FIA stewards, it was agreed that similar incidents in the future will be penalized. The new consensus is that squeezing a rival on corner entry will result in a five-second penalty. The FIA also agreed to show more leniency for incidents that occur immediately after safety car restarts. Quotes: Oscar Piastri, over team radio:   “He didn’t leave enough space. That could have been a massive crash,” ...